About Me!

Update August 2016:


Life is busy but I still love making special pieces for special people. If there is something you'd like please do send an e-mail to me at tanja.pearce@gmail.com and we can chat

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blythe Arrived & Deboxed!

I've had quite a few people asking if my Blythe doll arrived safe and sound and I have to apologise for not updating sooner.

She arrived a week after being shipped from Hong Kong (the post office is certainly impressing me these days) and off I went to collect her...only to find out post office was GONE!
I stood there having a heart attack until some kindly passerby saw my dilemma and pointed out it had just moved out of our Spar and into one of the neighbouring stores...phew!
So I went home with my parcel tightly clutched in my hands and immediately set about deboxing her.
I will have to apologise for the quality of the photos, the lighting was terrible, and to be honest I wasn't really concentrating on taking decent pics, I only realised after how awful they really were!

But anyway, here's the few of when she arrived!

The parcel!
Her Takara box!
And here she is!
I have to add it is quite a fiddly thing getting everything out
Finally all deboxed!
Well the pictures do her no justice and she was far prettier than I had even thought, I totally get why people collect Blythe now, she is gorgeous!
The problem is I had all the dreams of customising her, but now she turned out so pretty I'm too scared to touch her...lol. I'm thinking of getting another doll I don't like quite as much just so I can do her up!

Anyway, I gave her a much needed hairwash and have made her a few bits and pieces since she arrived, and this morning while the kids were dancing in the sprinklers I had a few peaceful moments to myself to finally take some photos.

So here she is now!

In her stock outfit
With a little beanie I crocheted her
In her stand with a little cream & lace dress I made - I'm still working on designing for Blythe, so it's far from perfect, but I like the white/cream colour on her
A little A-line dress I made
With a simple crocheted headband
And here's a little hooded jersey I knitted her
With the hood down

So I'm a happy chappie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment